Dothan City Schools Master Plan
Project Location: Paulding County, Georgia
Project Dates: May 2018 – April 2019
The Sizemore Group Team:
- Determined the goals and desired outcomes of the Board and Senior Staff.
- Provided baseline demographic work based on the most recent American Communities Survey.
- Demographic data was compared to Private school enrollment and Public School enrollment for prior 10 years.
- All schools in the system were assessed for ADA, roofing and other critical deferred maintenance issues.
- Funding options were investigated.
- School capacities were determined, by age group.
- Public School enrollment was forecast.
- Pre-K school facility was selected.
- All students were geocoded.
- School facility zones were redrawn based on facility ownership, facility maintenance costs and cultural issues as defined by the community and staff.
- Multiple community meetings were held to present the problems and possible solutions.
- Coordinated School Zones with web-based student query providers.