Nestled in Gwinnett County in Northeast Georgia, Duluth was experiencing the economic benefits due to its close proximity to the thriving metropolis of Atlanta. However, with its downtown virtually extinct, Duluth was in dire need of an identity.
Sizemore Group was hired to Master Plan and Design a new Town Center that included a new Amphitheater, City Hall and Law Enforcement Facility.
The Pavilion was designed for community events, concerts and theater productions. Two community rooms flank the stage and provide conditional space for a wide variety of events. The upstairs is rented for private events to help generate revenue. In addition, the stage is sized to accommodate a 50-member orchestra. The Amphitheater seats 1,500 persons, while the Town Green supports up to a crowd of 15,000.
- Recognized as a ‘Development of Excellence’ by the Atlanta Regional Commission, 2007
- “Great Community Place” National Award, ‘Projects for Public Spaces’, 2003
- Georgia ASLA Merit Award, 2003
- Cities of Excellence Award, 2003
- Gwinnett County Clean and Beautiful Award, 2002
Gwinnett Magazine, ‘Best of Gwinnett’
- Best Outdoor Concert Facility, 2002, 2003 & 2004
- Best Downtown, 2003 & 2005